Sunday, November 21, 2010

Abstract Photography

 This form of photography aims to take pictures that have no clear or discernible subject or the subject appears like an entirely unlike object. This intrigued me, how does someone take something real and make it appear such that no meaning can be discerned. As I looked up how such a thing could be achieved, I saw many pictures that I really liked. Most of the pictures were composed such that parts of a subject could be seen but not enough as to recognize the subject. Many were taken in form of macro photography which I have discussed earlier, focusing and zooming in until we can no longer see the bigger picture. Contradictory to my blog on abstract art I actually enjoyed the photographs that I came across. Instead of hopelessly looking for a meaning like I did in the paintings I instead found it setting a mood. I believe this difference emerges from the fact that it is something real, as much as the photographer augments our point of view, what we are seeing is in fact something tangible and real unlike the apparently empty lines and colors of abstract art. They consist of natural colors, natural lines and curves, and natural lighting for the most part. This brings in another previous blog on photo editing; a lot of this is implemented in order to impart the right mood through the photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment